SAN DIEGO, Sept. 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SRNE, “Sorrento”), announced today that Dr. Henry Ji, Chairman and CEO, will participate in the H.C. Wainwright 23rd Global Investment Conference (www.hcwevents.com/annualconference). The conference is being held virtually on September 13-15, 2021.
Dr. Henry Ji, Chairman and CEO of Sorrento, will provide corporate updates and highlights associated with Sorrento’s product pipeline in the strategic focus areas of the company: COVID-19, Cancer and Autoimmune Therapeutics, and Non-Opioid Pain Management.
COVID-19 Product Portfolio Highlights:
- COVISTIX: COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Detection Test in commercialization in Mexico with an EUA from COFEPRIS. Regulatory approval processes in progress in the US, Canada, Brazil, and WHO EUL (Emergency Use Listing), with active partnering discussions for global commercialization.
- COVIDROPS (STI-2099): Intranasal neutralizing antibody (nAb) formulation in Phase 2 trials in UK, US and soon in Mexico for newly diagnosed COVID patients in an outpatient setting.
- COVI-AMG (STI-2020): Potentially highly potent/low dose antibody in a 2 minute IV-push in Phase 2 trials for systemic treatment in an outpatient setting.
- COVISHIELD antibody (STI-9167): Demonstrating potent in vitro virus neutralization across all currently known variants of concern (VoCs) and reducing replicating virus in the lungs of infected transgenic K18 mice (with human ACE2 receptor) to undetectable levels (following infection by SARS-CoV-2 WA-1 strain or VoCs including Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Lambda).
- MPI-8 and its SAR-Improved Analog (1121): Small molecule antiviral targeting SARS-CoV-2 main protease, demonstrating broad-spectrum, potent antiviral activities against SARS-CoV-2 and all currently known VoCs.
- Multivalent mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine: Elicited a stronger humoral immune response against Delta VoC as compared to SARS-CoV-2 intramuscular mRNA vaccine in preclinical studies.
- Recombinant RBD Subunit Vaccine: Demonstrated strong humoral immune response against WA-1 and Delta VoC in preclinical studies.
- Abivertinib: Phase 2 studies for treatment of acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in hospitalized COVID patients in US (96 Pts) and Brazil (400 Pts) are completed.
- COVI-MSC: Phase 2 for ARDS in ICU COVID patients are ongoing in US and Brazil.
Cancer and Autoimmune Product Portfolio Highlights:
- Abivertinib: Phase 3 topline data in NSCLC available Q4 2021.
- Abivertinib: IND for Phase 2 in Prostate Cancer to be filed Q4 2021.
- PD-L1 antibody: In Phase 3 for SCLC and NDA submission in China for recurrent or metastatic cervical cancer.
- CD38 ADC: In Phase 1 for Amyloidosis and Multiple Myeloma.
- CD38 DAR-T: In Phase 1 for Relapsed and Refractory Multiple Myeloma.
- CD47 antibody: In Phase 1 in solid tumors.
- SOFUSA: Lymphatic delivery of Enbrel in Phase 1b in refractory rheumatoid arthritis patients.
Non-Opioid Pain Management Product Portfolio Highlights:
- ZTlido: Commercial with strong sales growth and expanded coverage for up to 65% of lives nationally.
- SP-102: Phase 3/pivotal trial (US) completed full enrollment.
- Resiniferatoxin (RTX): In Phase 2 for Osteoarthritis pain management.
- RTX: In Phase 2 trial for intractable cancer pain (pending FDA clearance).
An updated corporate presentation will also be available at www.sorrentotherapeutics.com
About Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.
Sorrento is a clinical and commercial stage biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to treat cancer, pain (non-opioid treatments), autoimmune disease and COVID-19. Sorrento’s multimodal, multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies (“G-MAB™ library”), immuno-cellular therapies (“DAR-T™”), antibody-drug conjugates (“ADCs”), and oncolytic virus (“Seprehvec™”). Sorrento is also developing potential antiviral therapies and vaccines against coronaviruses, including Abivertinib, COVIGUARD™, COVI-AMG™, COVISHIELD™, COVI-MSC™ and COVIDROPS™; and diagnostic test solutions, including COVITRACK™, COVISTIX™ and COVITRACE™.
Sorrento’s commitment to life-enhancing therapies for patients is also demonstrated by our effort to advance a first-in-class (TRPV1 agonist) non-opioid pain management small molecule, resiniferatoxin (“RTX”), and SP-102 (10 mg, dexamethasone sodium phosphate viscous gel) (SEMDEXA™), a novel, viscous gel formulation of a widely used corticosteroid for epidural injections to treat lumbosacral radicular pain, or sciatica, and to commercialize ZTlido® (lidocaine topical system) 1.8% for the treatment of post-herpetic neuralgia. RTX has completed a Phase 1b trial for intractable pain associated with cancer and a Phase 1b trial in osteoarthritis patients. SEMDEXA is in a pivotal Phase 3 trial for the treatment of lumbosacral radicular pain, or sciatica. ZTlido® was approved by the FDA on February 28, 2018.
For more information visit www.sorrentotherapeutics.com.
This press release and any statements made for and during any presentation or meeting contain forward-looking statements related to Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc., under the safe harbor provisions of Section 21E of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially and adversely from those expressed in our forward-looking statements, include, but are not limited to: risks related to Sorrento’s and its subsidiaries’, affiliates’ and partners’ technologies and prospects and collaborations with partners, including, but not limited to risks related to conducting pre-clinical and clinical studies and seeking regulatory approval for COVISTIX, COVIDROPS, COVI-AMG, COVISHIELD, MPI-8, Multivalent mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine, Recombinant RBD Subunit Vaccine, Abivertinib, COVI-MSC, anti-PD-L1 antibody, anti-CD38 Antibody Drug Conjugate, CD38 DAR-T, anti-CD47 antibody, the Sofusa Lymphatic Delivery System, SP-102 and Resiniferatoxin, including the timing for receipt of any such approval; conducting and receiving results of clinical trials; clinical development risks, including risks in the progress, timing, cost, and results of clinical trials and product development programs; risk of difficulties or delays in obtaining regulatory approvals; risks that clinical study results may not meet any or all endpoints of a clinical study and that any data generated from such studies may not support a regulatory submission or approval; risks that prior test, study and trial results may not be replicated in future studies and trials; risks of manufacturing and supplying drug product; risks related to leveraging the expertise of its employees, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners to assist the company in the execution of its COVID-19 therapeutic product candidates strategies; risks related to the global impact of COVID-19 and other risks that are described in Sorrento’s most recent periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Sorrento’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2020, and subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the risk factors set forth in those filings. Investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this release and we undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement in this press release except as required by law.
Media and Investor Relations Contact
Alexis Nahama, DVM (SVP Corporate Development)
Email: [email protected]
Sorrento® and the Sorrento logo are registered trademarks of Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.
G-MAB™, DAR-T™, SOFUSA™, MuVAXX™, COVI-AMG™, COVIDROPS™, COVISHIELD™, Gene-MAb™, COVIDROPS™, COVI-MSC™, COVITRACK™, COVITRACE™ and COVISTIX™ are trademarks of Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc.
SEMDEXA™ is a trademark of Semnur Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
ZTlido® is a registered trademark owned by Scilex Pharmaceuticals Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
©2021 Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.