|Page (1) of 1 - 03/05/12||email article||print page|
Mr. O'Kelly Joins G2 Intelligence and Fellow Presenters for Seventh Annual Molecular Diagnostics Conference, April 17-19, at the Fairmont Copley Plaza
(March 05, 2012)
PETERBOROUGH, NH -- (Marketwire) -- 03/05/12 -- G2 Intelligence announced today that Stafford O'Kelly, President of Abbott Molecular and Chair of the Personalized Medicine Coalition, will deliver the opening keynote address, "Putting Molecular Diagnostics to Work: What's Now and What's Next," at MDx NEXT, G2 Intelligence's seventh annual molecular diagnostics conference.
"With his depth and breadth of experience in this rapidly growing area of testing, Stafford O'Kelly is an exciting addition to our agenda," said Stephanie Murg, Managing Director of G2 Intelligence and MDx NEXT Program Chair. "Labs who want to add molecular diagnostics or optimize their current offerings will benefit enormously from Mr. O'Kelly's insights."
Mr. O'Kelly joins fellow keynote speakers Lone Frank, Ph.D., and Kenneth H. Buetow, Ph.D., who will speak on:
- My Beautiful Genome: The Future of Personal Genomics
- The Next Frontier: Personalized Medicine and Cancer
With a continued focus on the vibrant exchange of ideas and best practices that characterize all G2 conferences, this year's event also features a stronger emphasis on molecular diagnostic testing as a vital engine of growth for clinical laboratories of all types and sizes.
With this in mind, the new agenda showcases an exploration of key insights and opportunities around such topics as:
- MDx Economics: From Cost Center to Profit Source
- Legal Issues for Molecular Diagnostics: Managing Legal and Regulatory Risks
- Translating Good Science into Good Business: What Do You Need for Successful Commercialization in a Changing Environment?
- Case Study: Molecular Diagnostics at the Nebraska Medical Center
- Training and Education Priorities: Ensuring the Future of the Molecular Workforce
- Biomarkers in Clinical Practice
- Case Study: Molecular Diagnostics at Saint Luke's Hospital
- Genetic Counseling: What Labs Need to Know
- Reimbursement for Molecular Diagnostics
- Platforms and Partnerships: Planning for Growth
- PLUS two half-day intensive workshops to improve labs' bottom lines and reduce risk: Molecular 101: Starting Up and Running a Molecular Lab; and Show Me the Money: Billing, Payment, and Reimbursement for Molecular Assays
Distinguished faculty in attendance to include:
- Gyorgy Abel, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Director, Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics/Clinical Immunology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lahey Clinic
- Sajo Beqaj, Ph.D., HCLD (ABB), Molecular Pathologist and Clinical Consultant; Technical Laboratory Director, Pathology, Inc.
- Jeremy Bridge-Cook, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Assay Group, Luminex
- Brenda Finucane, MS, CGC, Executive Director, Genetic Services, Elwyn, and President, National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Catherine Gebhart, Ph.D., Technical Director, Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory, and Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Dan Hyder, M.D., Medical Director, Laboratory Services Compass Oncology
- David Jackson, Ph.D., Vice President of Business Development, PrimeraDx
- Jeffrey A. Kant, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Division of Molecular Diagnostics, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Professor, Pathology and Human Genetics, University of Pittsburgh
- Peter M. Kazon, Senior Counsel, Alston + Bird
- Jane M. Rachel, MLS, MA, Director of Education and Scientific Development; Manager, Molecular Diagnostics and Flow Cytometry, Saint Luke's Hospital
- Michele Schoonmaker, Ph.D., Vice President, Government Affairs, Cepheid
- Ted E. Schutzbank, Ph.D., D(ABMM), Associate Director of Genomics, Covance Central Laboratory Services Inc.
- Rina Wolf, Vice President of Commercialization Strategies, Consulting, and Industry Affairs, XIFIN
To find out more, or to register for MDx NEXT, go to www.MDxConference.com or call 1.800.401.5937. Group discounts are available for three or more people from the same organization. For group registrations, please call Jeff Watkins at 973.718.4709 to facilitate your registration, or email jwatkins@G2Intelligence.com.
Sponsors of this year's event include McKesson, Cleveland Clinic, XIFIN, Kellison & Company, and Quadax. Additional exhibitors at MDx NEXT will include Bioview, hc1.com, Streck, NeoGenomics, and Halfpenny Technologies. For information on sponsorship/exhibitor opportunities, please contact Patrice Hampson at 603-371-2126 or via email at phampson@G2Intelligence.com.
About G2 Intelligence
Advancing the Business of Diagnostic Medicine
G2 Intelligence provides timely, accurate, and trusted analysis of industry and market trends, legal and regulatory developments, and technology and innovation that directly affect the operations, financial performance, and competitive position of diagnostic testing laboratories and related medical services providers.
Formerly known as Washington G-2 Reports, the company has covered and reported on the diagnostic industry for over 30 years. G2 Intelligence delivers topical and analytical periodicals, proprietary research studies, and custom advisory services, and through live and virtual events, facilitates industry meetings and information exchanges.
G2 Intelligence is a division of Kennedy Information, LLC, a leading provider of professional markets analysis. Kennedy's parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance -- the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans the full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
More information is available at www.G2Intelligence.com.
COO and Publisher
G2 Intelligence, a Bloomberg BNA Business
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: molecular diagnostics conference, molecular diagnostics testing, molecular diagnostics, mdx, Marketwire, Inc., , Financial, Healthcare, Medical, Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Genetics, Business, Science, Email,
Related Sites: itbusinessnet.com , HTN - Health Technology Net