|Page (1) of 1 - 01/12/18||email article||print page|
(January 12, 2018)
Image sensors are sensors used for converting optical images into electronic signals. Adoption of smartphones and dual camera mobiles is increasing at a higher pace owing to the decrease in prices and technical advancements. Smartphones have gained increased popularity owing to its features like producing high quality images and videos. Due to rapid changes in technology, analog tends to be replaced by digital. Sony Corporation is one of the dominant vendors in the smartphones image sensors market. Today mobile devices have the largest application of image sensors. The image sensors used in these devices improve the efficiency of them and prove to be extremely beneficial to the users.
A substantial variety of medical applications make use of image sensors like endoscopy, thorax x-ray, dental x-ray, mammography etc. Image sensors are used to improve light sensitivity in cameras and to check displays. This helps in applications that involve medical imaging. Image sensors provide image sensitivity and reliability, which makes it suitable for medical applications. Image sensors prove to be very useful in the medical endoscopy application where imaging needs to be crisp and sensitive. Endoscopy is done using the CMOS image sensors. These sensors help in creating designs to meet increasing surgical demands like higher resolution, 3D imaging and precision manipulation.
High costs of maintenance of image sensors is one major factor causing hindrance in the growth of image sensor market. Owing to the complex circuits of CCD and CMOS, it requires care in handling that involves high maintenance cost. This could be a major factor that could hamper the growth of image sensor market.Image sensors market will have great growth prospects in the future owing to the increasing innovations. With the technologies like CMOS and CCD, the applications of image sensors have increased considerably. They provide great digital interface with low power consumption and hence prove to be very beneficial to the consumers.
The global image sensor market is expected to grow approximately at USD 19,615.5 Million by 2023, approx. 13.89% of CAGR between 2017 and 2023.
The key players of image sensor market includes Sony Corporation (Japan), Samsung Electronics (South Korea), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), ON Semiconductor (U.S.), Canon, Inc. (Japan), Toshiba Corporation (Japan), Galaxy Core Inc. (China), SK Hynix, Inc. (South Korea), PixArt Imaging, Inc. (U.S.), OmniVision Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), Teledyne Technologies, Inc. (U.S.) and others.
Global Image Sensor Market Analysis & Forecast, from 2017 to 2023
• To provide detailed analysis of the market structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments of the image sensor market.
• To analyze the image sensor market based on porter’s five force analysis etc.
• To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments and sub-segments with respect to four main geographies and their countries- North America, Europe, Asia, and Rest of the World.
• To provide country level analysis of the market with respect to the current market size and future prospective.
• To provide country level analysis of the market for segment on the basis of technology, optical format, linearity, spectrum and application.
• To provide strategic profiling of key players in the market, comprehensively analyzing their core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market.
• To track and analyze competitive developments such as joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, and research and developments in the image sensor market.
• Investors and consultants
• System Integrators
• Research/Consultancy firms
• Technology solution providers
• IT Solution Providers
• Original Equipment Manufacturers
• The global image sensor market is expected to reach USD 19,615.5 Million by 2023.
• By Technology, CMOS sub segment in image sensor market accounts for the largest market share and is growing with approximately ~15% CAGR during forecast period.
• By Optical Format, 1/3.9 to 1/2 Inch segment holds the largest market growing with approximately 16% CAGR by the end of forecast period.
• By Linearity, non-linear sub segment holds the largest market share and is growing with approximately 16% CAGR by the end of forecast period.
• By Spectrum, visible spectrum sub segment holds the largest market share and is growing with approximately 14% CAGR by the end of forecast period.
• By Application, consumer electronics sub segment holds the largest market share and is growing with approximately 15% CAGR by the end of forecast period.
• Geographically, Asia-Pacific region has been projected to have the largest market share in global image sensor market followed by North America region, while Europe ranks third in the image sensor market.
Regional and Country Analysis of Image Sensor Market Estimation and Forecast
Image sensor market is growing with the positive growth in all the regions. Increasing application areas year on year and advancement in technology and integration is driving the market on global scale. On the basis of region, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World. Asia Pacific is dominating the global image sensor market share followed by North America which stands as the second biggest market due to the heavy demand from various industry verticals whereas, Europe stands as third biggest market.
The reports also cover country level analysis:
• North America
o Rest of the Europe
• Asia – Pacific
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of the World
Table of Content
1 Research Methodologies
1.1 Research Process
1.2 Primary Research
1.3 Secondary Research
1.4 Forecast Model
1.4.1 Market Size Estimation
2 Market Dynamics
2.1 Market Drivers
2.1.1 Increasing Adoption of Dual Camera Mobile Phones and Other Smartphones
2.1.2 Increasing Usage of Webcams and Digital Cameras
2.1.3 Increasing Surveillance and Security Concerns
2.1.5 Increasing Usage of Image Sensors in Medical Applications
2.2 Market Restraints
2.2.1 High Maintenance Costs of Image Sensors
2.2.2 Declining Demand of Still Camera
2.2.3 Dynamic Nature of Semiconductor Industry
2.3 Market Opportunities
2.3.1 Growing Digitalization
2.3.2 Growth Opportunities in Gaming Devices, Especially Those Associated with Virtual Reality
2.3.3 Increasing Innovations in Technologies
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Factor Analysis
4.1 Image Sensor Supply Chain
4.2 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 Global Image Sensor Market, By Technology
5.2 Market by Sub-segment
5.2.2 By CMOS Sub-segment
22.214.171.124 By Type
126.96.36.199.1 Front Side Illumination (FSI)
188.8.131.52.2 Back-Side Illumination
6 Global Image Sensor Market, By Optical Format
6.1.1 By Sub-Segment
184.108.40.206 1/10 to 1/6 Inch Image Sensor
220.127.116.11 1/5.9 to 1/4 inch Image Sensor
18.104.22.168 1/3.9 to 1/2 inch image sensor
22.214.171.124 1/1.9 to 1 inch image sensor
126.96.36.199 Above 1 inch image sensor
7 Global Image Sensor Market, By Linearity
7.1 By Linearity
7.1.2 By Linear sub-segment
188.8.131.52 2D Processing
184.108.40.206 3D Processing
220.127.116.11 2D Processing
18.104.22.168 3D Processing
8 Global Image Sensor Market, By Spectrum
8.1 By Spectrum
8.1.1 Visible Spectrum
8.1.2 Invisible Spectrum
9 Global Image Sensor Market, By Application
9.2 By Sub-Segment
9.2.1 Consumer Electronics
22.214.171.124 Commercial Security
126.96.36.199 Night Surveillance
188.8.131.52 Border Security
184.108.40.206 Home Security
Make an enquiry of this Report @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/enquiry/2353296-global-image-sensor-market-analysis-forecast-2017-to-2023
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349
Related Keywords:Business,Computers & Software,Media & Communications,Services,Technology,
Related Sites: DMN Newswire , CEN - Consumer Electronics Net , CEN - Photography , CEN - Phones , BN - Canon , VideoBasedTutorials , HTN - Health Technology Net
Related Newsletter: CEN - Gadgets Newsletter , Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , DMN Newswire Newsletter